Friday, June 29, 2007

New Hair


A month ago I went to my hair guru(aka my Mistress of Style, Gigi) to get my hair cut. I usually haver her color it too, but in order to save my money, I decided to do it myself. I was talking about it to a friend of mine and she said she'd do it for me. She's not a cosmotolgist, a nurse actually, but she does her own and its never looked bad. I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and bought some color, went to her apartment. Well, I trusted her, and she started out by bleaching out my hair; something I don't think should've or needed to be done. My hair was the same color as Eminems. Ugh! When we put on the color I bought, a sandy blonde, it made no difference. I had also bought a reddish brown for highlights, so we did some highlight chunks. It was the same color as Marsha Cross on Desperate Housewives. I do not look good as a ginger. So the next morning I went to Wal-Mart and got some brown Clariol color. It ended up not so bad, but my hair was fried to say the least. As the month went on, the color faded. So I sucked it up and called Gigi to get it fixed. What a wonderful woman! She saved my self esteem. I told her no blonde! I will get some pics up later. It's a dark brown now. I love it! She gave me some tips on how to get some life back into it. I was planning on getting it chopped off this winter because I couldn't stand the feel of my straw hair. But if it gets some of its life back, I can keep it long, which is what I was wanting to do.
Aeryn is growing so fast! Sometimes when I look at her I see how she's changing into a toddler. Still waiting for her top teeth to come in, but she's chewing like crazy. And of course she wants to chew on everything but her toys. I taught her how to turn lights on and off. She's so smart. She will also open and close the fridge for me if I am holding her. I thought she'd enjoy one of those pop up toys; you know the ones where you have to flip a switch, or push a button to get the toy to pop out of the trap door. I tried showing her how to get them to pop up, but she's not interested in that. All she wants to do is shut them. It's too cute. So if she's across the room and I get one popped up, she'll usually come over and close it. Another thing she learned is how to open the doors on the entertainment center and get to the videos. At first it was just the bottom where the vhs are, but today she discovered the dvds. Good thing is that I think she gets more of a kick out of pulling them out rather then chewing on them.

I love being a mom. It is so awesome to be able to hang out with my girl all day and see her grow and learn. She's getting better at standing up and only holding on with one hand. Before we know it she will be standing on her own and walking. I couldn't believe how fast she took to crawling.
Just a last note, I got some recipes on my other blog.

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Oh my! I'm glad Gigi could help you out---I went blonde once and it looked TERRIBLE! (especially with black eyebrows, ha ha) I'm excited to see you with dark brown hair!

Anonymous said...

I love this stage. When moms think that getting into things like videos is cute. Then the mom's get tired of picking up the videos and to them it is not so cute. However those of us who are long past that stage still think it is very cute and I loved hearing how many adorable things she is doing. I will look at the recipes next.
Terry

Melisa said...

Can't wait for hair pictures! Or to try out those recipes! Yum! Hope to see you really really soon. Love ya.