Wednesday, July 18, 2007

i heart webcams

Today was fun. We had some visitors. Tim's parents, Sirry and Hanz, came by for a visit since they got back from their California trip. They brought back a cute fishy toy for Aeryn. She loves it. My dad also came by to go webcam shopping with me. He arrived not long after Sirry and Hanz. So, we went to CompUSA and got 2 Microsoft LiveCam VX 3000's. One for us and one for my dad. We came back to our place and set it up on the computer. Earlier I had some USB problems, that's where the cam plugs in, so I called Brad for help. Silly me, I only had to restart my comp to get it to work. We got it up and running in good time, and were able to talk to Brad and the boys. I can't believe I didn't think to get one before. It is such a joy and relief to know that I can now turn on my comp, and see the boys live. I really miss my nephews and niece. Although it bites a big one that I can't be a minute away, at least I can still see them whenever I want. This cam is also going to come in handy when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out. I have no doubt Melisa and I will have many discussions about the whole series. I am so excited!!! Poor Tim has to hear me count out the days/hours before Friday at midnight. Luckily a friend of Tims, Chris, his wife and son are going. I am so excited that I know someone who is going to be there. It wont be the same without Melisa of course.
Well Aeryn has been at the stage where she gets into everything now for a while, and I am used to it now. She recently entered into the climbing stage. Today she managed to climb on the brick around our fireplace. I was in the kitchen and Tim was watching TV, and I turn around to see her on top. I couldn't believe she was able to climb it. It's just a little ledge about a foot high. I only hope I can keep her from discovering the stairs. Better start looking into finding a gate that is wide enough for our hallway. I have also been trying to help her walk. But she won't have it. Wants to do it herself. There's no helping her if she doesn't want it. Got it from Tim I think. :-)

1 comment:

Melisa said...

I am so glad you got a webcam. Maybe it will make the separation a little more tolerable. Call me when you want to get on!

Only 1 more day....