Friday, July 13, 2007

I got kissed by Harry

Well, Tim wasn't too excited about it when I told him. Here's the story. I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix yesterday at 5pm. Guess who can't get up at 2am, no matter how early she goes to bed. :-) Of course I had to see it on the big huge iMax screen. As an added surprise, the iMax here is also 3-D! That's where Harry kissed me! It was a 3-D scene where he was flying on a thestral, and I was sitting in the very middle of the back row. Bam! The whole movie wasn't 3-D, just a little bit towards the end. I know that there is no way I can ever see a movie on a regular screen if I know it's also playing on the iMax. I can't even describe the euphoria of feeling like I was in the movie during the 3-D part. If you're wondering which part, it was from the thestrals to after the Ministry of Magic fights. I was so tempted to stick my arm out and wave my "wand", ie cell phone, at the Death Eaters shouting spells. I am highly recommending that if you have one in your area, to see any movie that way. Unless of course you have a heart condition.
I also went to Barnes and Noble to reserve my copy of Deathly Hallows. I am getting up early Friday to get my ticket for the release party. They are free, but they are going by the number on your ticket for when you get your book. So I have to make sure I have a low number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think back water New Mexico even has an Imax theater. It sounds pretty great though so I will check further to see if maybe there is one in Alb. The pictures were wonderful.
That was alot of cuteness in one place. Thanks for posting it.
Terry
Melisa hasn't even seen it yet. She misses you!