Friday, June 6, 2008

To the birds

I was tempted to wait another week, just now. Make you guys wait a whole 2 months before a new entry. I know I always have excuses, this time is no different. I was introduced to a great to book series. For now I shall allow that person to remain nameless, in case of retaliation from other readers. :-) It's the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. For those of you unfamiliar, currently there are 3 books out and the 4th will be out in August. I just finished the three for a second time. It took me less than 48 hours from each purchase to read. While I am impressed with my dedication to the reading, I was not so impressed with my dedication to housework. It is nice to read again. I stopped reading so much after the last Harry Potter book. That is the one thing I wish I had done more in my younger days, read. I hated it, like spinach. Oh well.
This is only my most recent distraction. The other, baseball. While I can't say I am as enthused as much as Tim is, it's still exciting. On with the sweet stuff...

And by sweet stuff I mean Aeryn. Her dance class ended last month. We aren't enrolled in anything yet. This Saturday we are going to the birthday party for one of the girls in her dance class. The party will be at The Little Gym. I took Aeryn to a class there a year ago, but I wasn't able to swallow the cost. And she was too little to enjoy to the fullest extent. So hopefully at the party we will see if it's worth it again. I don't think she will do dance this summer. She did good in the class, but I think she will like it better later. I am for sure going to take a swim class with her. There is one starting at the BA pool next week. I hope it doesn't fill up before we get there. Aeryn had a new two piece swimsuit. Personally I don't think they should make one pieces for toddler girls. First of all, I would hate to have to take it off to change her diaper. But mostly, they are so cute with their little bellys hanging out!
Aeryn and I have been spending more time with Stephanie and Annika too. Aeryn adores her big cuz, and covets her big girl bed. Last month while waiting for S and A at the zoo, we signed up to be zoo friends. We have already gone enough to pay for it. Aeryn LOVES the zoo. They have a exhibit now where you can feed birds. Previous years it's been a butterfly house. This year it's gone to the birds. If you haven't been, it's like one of those half tube greenhouse tents. They give you a popsicle stick with some sticky stuff and seeds on the end. The birds on the inside are just like the ones you can get at the pet store. I have never had anything against birds. I have never been in the way of a dropping, knock on wood. But Hitchcock was on to something. I don't remember the last time I was so scared. All of a sudden a flock of birds will decide to take off and fly across the tent. Even though I reassured myself that they were in control and wouldn't hit me... I still cover my face and duck(no pun intended). Terrifying. It probably didn't help that I kept picturing Fabio's face after one broke his nose.
Signing Time has become a constant in our house. She has her favorites, but knows all of them by heart. The only thing she likes more is being outside. Which I can't complain because we both get exercise and fresh air. So I will complain about the stupid humidity. Yuck! I hate to sweat. Okay, well I can hear a crabby kid, and it's bath night.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Maybe next time you won't be so hard to convince to start a new series. ;) Would I ever lead you astray? :) I thought reading them a second time would be slower and more leisurely and I would be able to function at the same time. But, no, not so much. I just got New Moon in paperback this week.

Did you get that link I sent to the first chapter? What do you think? Did the preface freak you out?

It isn't that hard to change Calet's diaper in her one piece.

I think we hit the upper 80s low 90s yesterday. Dang, I was melting. That is one thing I don't miss about OK, 100+ weather. Ugh.