Monday, June 16, 2008

Nap time is a good time...

to get things done. (this was originally typed on the 16th. i meant to come back and finish.)

What a great weekend it was! Tim finished his job by lunch on Friday. We had some little home to do's, so we went to Lowe's. The main reason was to look at tile for the upstairs bathroom. Tim tore the old stuff out, and it's been waiting for tile. We only saw one tile we liked, but it was way too nice for our house.($$$) Our toilet handle has been broken for a couple of weeks; kept forgetting to get one when I was somewhere they sold them. We also needed a new doorbell. Our little button pusher was in danger of a shock if we didn't replace it. A new door knob for the downstairs bathroom, because the lock didn't work on the current one.

Saturday was our 6/5 anniversary. We have been together 6 years, and married for 5. When I woke up, Tim was already awake and downstairs, there was a present for me left on my pillow. A little box wrapped in silver paper and a bow. Which was so romantic. I took it downstairs to open it in front of him. It was beautiful silver heart shaped locket. The front has a heart of mother of pearl with a little silver heart in the middle. Luckily I had some little photos from a portrait sessions I was able to cut down and use.
Later we went to the Promenade Mall to go shoe shopping for Tim. Poor guy. We've been to all the shoe stores just about, and have only found two pair he likes, neither were available in his size. On our way to the mall my dad called and said he was on his way up. He met us at the mall. We didn't find him any shoes. We did go into Borders, and I got the Stephanie Meyer book The Host, and Tim got a book called Moneyball about the managing of the Oakland A's. So far I am not too impressed with my book. At this point my motivation for reading it is to try to find out why people love it. Cause I am not getting it at all. Crazy story. After the mall we went to Johnny Carino's Italian Restaurant. Yummy! They put these little crusty crumbs in the oil for the bread. Doesn't sound very appetizing when I put it that way, but it is.

Then it was Father's Day. I made him a chocolate chip cookie cake instead of a gift. Aeryn and I each got him a card. I am not much on barbeque, so I told him we could go wherever he wanted for some for dinner. I also started summer co-ed softball. Tim and I are done with having our own team. It's amazing how many 30somethings aren't responsible enough to show up. And with Aeryn now, it's easier if only one of us plays. Tim and Aeryn came to cheer me on. We headed home afterwards, so tired.

No comments: