Monday, June 23, 2008

the rest of the story...and more

For Father's day, Aeryn and I just got Tim cards and showered him with love all day. I also made him a chocolate chip cookie cake.

I had bought some artichokes to make for Tim on Father's day, but it didn't happen. So I made them for him when he got home from work on Wednesday. Aeryn had some too. She loved it. I was surprised to see how fast she learned how to eat them. That evening we used an air pump to blow up a pool we bought for Aeryn. We'd tried to use a hand pump that came with my yoga ball. Fun. Luckily my mom had an extra pump from an air mattress. We put the pool in the shade and filled it up. The water was really cold, and the sun wasn't able to warm it up. So we TRIED to move it. Then we gave up and splashed around. Before the pool, Aeryn would not lay down in the bathtub. Now she doesn't mind. I guess it was all the slippin and slidin she did.

Thursday we packed a little lunch and went to the zoo. The more we go, the more she loves it. She was really excited to feed the birds this time. She was so great holding the stick up so they could eat. Until one of them would try to stand on her hand to eat. Since the exhibit has been open for a while the birds are really used to people and were not shy at all about sitting on your fingers. We also rode the train for the second time. She loves trains. She even makes chugga chugga woo woo sounds.

Friday morning, I took Aeryn in her stroller and walked across the main street to get donuts. That afternoon I took Aeryn to a splash park for the first time. I should have brought my camera. We've played with a sprinkler once in our backyard. Aeryn wasn't too into that. So it took her a could of trips to check out the water, then barely touch it with her hand, then her arm, and then her whole body. But she was laughing and loving it the whole time. There was also a regular park next to it, we went over to and played at. That night was supposed to be my Bunco night with the girls. Instead Aeryn and I went to my Moms for a little birthday party. It was Chloe, the daughter of someone my Mom works with. Kynlee and Hailea, two of Aeryn's cousins, were there as well. We had some cake and ice cream, and Chloe opened some presents. Aeryn had so much fun playing with the girls. Kynlee is 3 months older than Aeryn, Hailea is 4 and Chloe turned 5.

Tim worked on Saturday and so Aeryn and I just hung out.

Sunday I had softball games at 3 and 4. We lost both, but I did well. It is too hot here! But it's good exercise to get out there and have some fun, maybe get a little tanner. My skin tone is suffering because I am all about sunscreen now. Can't afford to get melonoma(know it's spelled wrong).

So it's Monday now and I can't wait until Friday. I have a hair appointment with my mistress of style. It's been close to a year since my last cut and color. I don't think I will get it colored this time. a) I will probably have Aeryn with me. b) the cost. c) I kind of like the shades it has now.
In the end, who knows. Right now, I am just going to post this. I will try to get some new slides up soon.

Oh, I also finished The Host. In the end I changed my mind about it. I like it for the most part. Had I read this one first, I don't think I would have read the Twilight series. The book caught me off guard. Although I knew it would be different that Twilight, I wasn't aware this was really science fiction. Basically I was expecting another vampire book, but got one about aliens instead. That's what I get for not reading the book jacket.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

We love splash parks! It must be genetic. We've been doing a lot more indoor swimming here. It helps because I don't stress about sunscreen as much! Lovely! That and the highs are only in the 70s and 80s.