Friday, March 14, 2008

Aeryn's Achievements and such

Just wanted to quickly get on and do a short update. Aeryn is in love with Signing Time. We check out a dvd or two about each week from the library. She is very good at signing. She signs: milk, juice, eat, hungry, water, apple, cookie, cracker, banana, cheese, shoes, socks, ball, please, want, car, cat, dog, bird(for Melisa, she did it the correct way from the start!), laugh, play, baby. I think that's everything so far, I may be forgetting one or two. She can say a few words: juice, ball, baby, bye bye, daddy, puppy, please. There are also some songs with hand movements, like Itsy Bitsy Spider, that she can do. On Tuesdays we go to My First Storytime at the Hardesty library in Tulsa. It's free, and there are kids her age to socialize, and kids my age I can socialize with. We do the same on Wednesdays, but we go to one in Broken Arrow. And on Saturdays we go to dance class. Yes, dance class. It's great. There are only two other girls in the class, so it's not overwhelming, and the teacher is really great with the girls. At this age, it's a mommy and me class, and it's mostly about following directions and movement. Her fave tv shows are: Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street, and the Doodlebops. Fave food is Mac and Cheese. Fave toy: big pink ball. She is always helping me out. Throwing away her dirty diapers, helping me with laundry, grocery shopping(pushes the basket and puts things in). She loves the dogs. But she also loves birds. Whenever she sees one, she tells us. So I bought some bird feeders for the backyard to attract more birds. It's going well, and no increase in the need to wash the car so far either.
Don't worry I have some more cute pics to put up. Just gotta get around to it, you know. TTFN

2 comments:

Melisa said...

We love Signing Time! Calet can't do that many! Though I wish she could since she can only say 4 or 5 words still.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.