Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Am Not A Monkey

When it rains it pours. Lots of blogs lately for your reading pleasure.

So tonight for dinner Tim wanted to take us out. We decided on Fox and Hound because they have big screen TVs and there was a baseball game on. About the time we were eating our last few bites, the waitress comes over to chit chat. Of course she goes on and on about how cute and sweet Aeryn is. She asked if she was a very talkative; which led to us telling her about Signing Time. She had never seen a baby sign, so we tried to get Aeryn to show her some. If you don't already know, Aeryn is modest and doesn't like to show off. In other words, she gets shy sometimes. Tim and I are each trying to get her attention, "Aeryn, look at me," "Look at me Aeryn." Then we try signing to see if she will go along. Not gonna happen. When we've tried to showcase her before, she either does her best to ignore us or give us a stare that seems to say "I am not a monkey." We gave up, and the waitress takes 3 or 4 steps away and Aeryn looks at us and signs 'all done.' That was one of the signs we were trying to get her to do. Luckily the waitress saw it out of the corner of her eye and turned around just in time to see. Aeryn stopped when she saw the waitress paying attention. Then when the waitress turned the corner, Aeryn starts signing, practically in order, the ones we wanted her to do. What a joker she is!

Today Eileen and I went for pedicures. Even though I miss Melisa, their moving has given me opportunity to spend more time with Tims family. It's so nice to get out and have some girl time. We go to a place at the Promenade Mall, by Macy's. I like it best out of all the ones I have been to. But in the end, as long as the chair has a massager.

-----
Okay so I just posted this, and then went to look at my comments. I discovered that I haven't read any comments since last summer. So thanks everyone for leaving your thoughts. I am about to go through and erase some advert posts.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

That is so hilarious! She is too smart!

As long as you are thinking of me while your get your pedis... ;)