Friday, February 1, 2008

Time Flies! ... FAST!

Okay, so it's been a while. But I have been keeping some notes, so there will be some re-caps. Just some POI's to catch you up. And I will go into more details later.

What a trip to Michigan we had! My dad flew us up to MI to spend Thanksgiving with Brad's family. It was great to spend time with everyone. We played games, went to a planetarium, saw some movies, watched Law & Order tapes I brought, and enjoyed watching the kids play. Thanksgiving dinner was great! I will get more into the trip another time. Took up so much already with the flights.
There was a big ice storm in December. Power went out Monday morning, before the sun was up, and we didn't get ours back until Thursday after dinner. What an experience. I know that I can't really sympathize with people living in war torn countries, but I think I got a taste. It's so surreal to drive on a city street in total darkness. And there are branches falling everywhere, sounds like explosions. Roads are completely blocked off by trees and power line poles. We were lucky because my dad was out of town, so we stayed at his house at night. We had to come back during the day to take care of the dogs. And it's just more comfortable for us at home.
Christmas Eve, I made dinner for Byron, his girlfriend Kryston, my dad, and his date. It was so good. I will be posting it on my recipe blog. Christmas day we went to my moms in the morning, then to Lee's mom, Regina, for lunch. We had Christmas with the Danzigers later that week, at Ian and Stephanie's.
For New Year, Aeryn stayed the night at my moms. It was her first night away from us. I should say us from her, I think the separation was harder on us than her. :-) It was nice to have a night out together.
I think that's all I am up for today. There will be more soon... I hope.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Sounds like you have done lots of family stuff! I'm jealous! We miss family!