Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Birdie To ME!

Thursday was my day. 24 now. Getting older everyday. My age still doesn't bother me. I am freaked out about turning a quarter of a century next year. That's old. :-) It was a good birthday for me. Tim is so wonderful. He had my birthday gifts wrapped and ready for me to open when I got up. But he didn't have time to watch me open them before he went to work, so I waited until he got home. It's hard for me because I am a very impatient person when it comes to opening presents. He got me Harry Potter SceneIt 2nd Edition, Simon, and a Sudoku board game(it's got a booklet and wooden pieces like Scrabble). He knows me so well. My dad came up and took us out to eat, Outback baby! I love that place. It had been so long since I last ate there. It's my fave. There is nothing better to me than their Caesar salad. Afterwards we came home and had some Baskin Robins ice cream cake. Yummy! I had ordered the cake, and should have gotten a smaller size. I is still hard not having the Mons-ters around to share leftovers with. Speaking of which...I was on my way to the Post Office earlier this week, and almost drove past it to go to their old place. There is a stop light between our house and theirs, to go to the PO you turn left at the light, or you can go through it and get to their place. I was in the lane to go straight when the light changed and I realized what I was about to do. It made me so sad that when I went into the PO, my eyes were all red. I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving. Hopefully if everything goes well, we will be going up for a short visit.
Aeryn had a doctors visit on the 29th. She is 22# 2oz. 28 1/4". Poor thing had to get 4 shots. She didn't cry for very long. We were expecting her to be more cranky because the appointment was when she is usually down for her afternoon nap. We also changed pediatricians, this was our first visit to the new one. Our new doc is the one Melisa was using before they moved. We like her so much. The waiting room is so comfy, and the check-up rooms are so cute! On top of that, she's really nice and is a great doc. I am really excited. Oh, and the office is just across the street from us. Aeryn is also starting to try and take a few steps. She was standing in the hallway, holding on to the wall and took a step towards me! But she couldn't keep her balance and fell. It's so exciting.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

The last time I went to Outback, the hostess said I wouldn't fit in a booth. Ahh the memories....

I'm so glad you love your new Dr. She is pretty awesome. Does she remember us?

Glad you had a happy birthday!